How much does it cost to hack a Facebook or Gmail account: researching hacking rates
The Darknet is the place where the darkest things on the Internet take place. Many databases can be found there, as well as people who can get hold of this data.
Cybersecurity researchers from Privacy Affairs have published a report on the cost of hacker services on the darknet. Reported by Informant Tech , citing Privacy Affairs .
Researchers found prices for a wide variety of hacker services: card cloning, PayPal account theft, document fraud in the United States, social media hacking, viruses and DDoS attacks. Below is a list of the most popular services:
- clone Mastercard with PIN – $ 15;
- clone Visa card with PIN – $ 25;
- steal credit card details, with a balance of up to $ 1000 – $ 12;
- steal credit card details, with a balance up to $ 5000 – $ 20;
- steal PayPal account details with at least $ 100 – $ 198.56;
- transfer money from a stolen PayPal account (amount from $ 1000 to $ 3000— $ 320.39;
- make a fake high quality driver’s license, USA – $ 550;
- hack a Facebook account – $ 74.5;
- hack Instagram account – $ 55.45;
- hack Twitter account – $ 49;
- hack a Gmail account – $ 155.73;
- buy 1000 subscribers on TikTok – $ 15;
- buy 1000 followers on Instagram – $ 7;
- buy 1000 subscribers on Twitch – $ 6.
A complete list of prices can be found here . Cybersecurity experts suggest sticking to simple rules and habits that will help keep data and accounts from being stolen, Babel said . “If someone gets hold of your financial details or social media data, the prices above are mostly worth it. Chances are that you rate these things significantly higher than them, because for them you are just easy money, ”the researchers write, suggesting that they spend a little effort to protect their data. How much does it cost to hack a Facebook or Gmail account: researching hacking rates.
- Never give sensitive information over the phone – card numbers, passwords, other payment details.
- When using ATMs, inspect them for equipment that should not be there – if in doubt, press down on the bank card port, keyboard, and more. Usually criminal equipment is installed carelessly.
- Check your computers and gadgets regularly for viruses and other malware that can steal your passwords and other sensitive information.
- Do not use public or unsecured Wi-Fi networks. Only connect to networks that you 100% trust, use an encrypted VPN-like connection.
- Delete accounts you are not using. Old social media accounts can create problems for you in the future.
- Make different passwords on different social networks. Hackers will immediately check the stolen password for all your accounts.
- Keep your passwords long and complex.
- Use two-factor authentication.
We previously announced that World of Tanks will receive the biggest update of the year . They also wrote that the Starship SN5 prototype passed fire tests and is preparing for the first takeof